Noticing a digital marketing transformation in the Indian economy, Google has taken a step forward in the goal of making digital India by launching Google Tez.
With a very easy and eye catching interface, Google Tez has the real capability to achieve the aim of digitalization.
Google Tez is verified by the UPI (Unified Payment Interface) – a payment interface provided by the reserve bank of India, which is already used by country’s topmost 55 banks.
What makes UPI an excellent payment gateway is its instant payment system and highly secure transaction environment. Read more about UPI here.
Inspired by Tez features and plans, many companies started showing interest towards this application. Some of the existing partners are – Payment aggregators (Bill desk and PayU), Shopify, Red Bus and PVR Cinema.
Apart from this, Google is also going to launch the Tez for business program which will provide a separate channel to all the merchants and notify them their due payments (to be received or to be paid) time to time.
Google Tez Features:
- This application authorizes their users to execute the financial transactions which include sending or receiving money directly into their bank accounts.
- You can pay any bills within seconds, no matter they are electricity, water or telephone bill.
- User friendly interface and 2-factor authentication ensure high security.
- You can make payment or transfer money using these four options: QR code, phone number, bank details or UPI id, whichever you like and find easy.
- One of the most exciting features is its “Special Cash Mode”. Using this feature you can transfer money like you transfer files via Bluetooth or Shareit. All you have to do is to bring two phones near each other, hit pay or request, enter your UPI pin and the payment goes instantly from one bank account to another
- Special chat window side by side to exchange messages while doing transactions.
- Fingerprint sensor option for super security and “Tez Shield” for 24/7 online fraud detection and prevent hacking.
- Instant customer support.
What Features did we miss?
There are no major cons to mention here but few features which we missed while using Tez are
- Right now, there is no option of saving beneficiary.
- App consumes little-bit more time as prescribed while fetching details of bank accounts.
- There is no option to pay using Aadhar number, which will be definitely added in the future as per the requirement.
- No wallet service like Paytm, Mobikwik, Paypal to keep your money.
Not everything is perfect in the beginning, so we expect these features in the next version of Tez.
- IOS (Apple)
Google is planning to launch Tez for windows platform soon.
Languages Supported by Google Tez
Tez is available in seven Indian languages:
How to Join Tez and Connect Your Account with UPI?
Registering yourself as a user is not a big deal. It includes very simple steps along with some guidance.
Before proceeding further, let me clear a question, is Aadhar Card required for Google Tez.?
As of now, Tez is not demanding Aadhar number yet but Google executives came up with a statement that “ Aadhar data is not compulsory for UPI payment yet and this is the only feature which will be added in the future as per our plan but only after exploring the full legal implications of such function.”
Step by Step Procedure to Connect with Tez:
Step 1: First of all, you have to download this app, either from the Google play store or App store
Step 2: After the downloading of this app, click on the registration option. Then select your desired language from the list given.
Step 3: Thereafter, they will ask you the mobile number which is already registered with the bank account.
Using your mobile number, Tez will fetch your bank account details automatically (If more than one bank is associated with the same mobile number, the app will give the option to choose the desired bank).
Also, they will give each and every update of each transaction on the same number.
Step 4: After entering the mobile number, you will receive OTP verification code via SMS on your registered mobile number. By verified acceptance, you have connected your bank account now.
Step 5: After connecting account number with the app, it will ask you to create a new UPI pin. It is mandatory to setup UPI pin which will be required while doing every transaction.
Step 6: You will get an option of setting a Google PIN or screen lock on the phone. Setting a pin lock is all your choice but I suggest to setup pin for enhanced security.
Done. Now you are ready to make an instant payment to anyone having Tez app.
Exclusive Offers and Rewards on Google Tez
1. Download the app now and get Rs. 51 instantly.
2. When you pay someone Rs. 50 or more, you will get a scratch card up to Rs. 1000.
3. Tez Scratch card – After paying Rs. 50, you automatically enter weekly lucky draw of Rs. 100000.
4. Invite friends using your link given on the app and when your invited friend accepts and makes a transaction of Rs. 50 or more, you both get Rs. 51 instantly and also a scratch card. So, it’s a win-win situation for both of you.
BlogBix Big Tips: When you invite your friends, ask them to send you Rs. 51 and return them later using the same Tez, you will get all the benefits described above. Keep it a secret, Google is very clever 😉
Using Tez already? Please share your experiences with us in the comment section.